Hobby Progress – Dropzone Commander

The past couple of weeks have been busy with preparations for the American Team Championship, meaning there was little painting and little hobby time outside the event. Now that it is finished, I’ve hit a new speed burst in terms of painting and gaming, and I wanted to show some of those fruits to you!

A local store was in possession of some Dropzone Commander materials, and they offered me a good deal for trade-ins on some sealed Warhammer 40,000 kits. I had no use for the extra kits aside from gratuitous conversions and large games, so I decided to take the opportunity to expand on my Scourge army. I added the following kits to my Hawk Wargames collection on Saturday:

            -2x Scourge Tormentor
            -2x Scourge Intruder – A
            -2x Scourge Intruder – B
            -16x Scourge Minder
            -Scourge Annihilator
            -2x Shaltari Tarantula
            -2x Shaltari Spirit Light Gate
            -Shaltari Caiman
            -4x PHR Sirens
            -2x PHR Triton
            -2x PHR Zeus
            -2x PHR Odin

I may have gone a bit overboard, but we were talking store credit! As it is, I’m up to my elbows in white resin, and I’m determined to do something to alleviate the problem.

I did some minor work on my Shaltari, but since my Scourge forces are much quicker to paint I decided to move forward with them to stop the bleeding. I set up an assembly line with a Scourge kit at each step along the way, since the ink washes dry more slowly than I can complete them on the next set of models.

I’m in the middle of painting some Intruders, an Annihilator, three Reapers, sixteen Minders, and the Intruders of both varieties. I was able to complete two Shaltari Tarantulas, and I also knocked out three Marauder Dropships and the Tormentors for the Scourge. I was also lucky enough to catch a friend interested in getting rid of his Scourge forces for a good bargain. Once I get these forces from him, I’ll have roughly 4,000 points of the little monsters.

Enough talk; here are some pictures of the models I completed this week. I still need to do the bases on the Marauders (once I’m sure how I plan to proceed with the Scourge basing), and I will have to order some more bases to mount the Tormentors and any further skimmers on. Until then, they are as finished as they can be. Comments and criticisms are welcome!


                    





        

Comments

Popular Posts