Hobby Progress – The Tyranids Awake!

Welcome back ladies and Cadians! The Christmas season led to a long time off, and the new year jumped off to a slow start with water damage at the house. All is mended now, and we are in the process of getting our home back together. With that comes progress, and this week the Tyranids start us off with a showcase of the most recent painting work I’ve done.

I’m a big fan of the medium sized Tyranid monsters. The horde and the Monstrous Creatures always seem to get the love, and I think there is much to be done on Games Workshop’s part to bring these critters into competitive alignment with the rest of the book. I’m looking primarily at Shrikes, Warriors, and Raveners.

With that said, the Venomthropes and Zoanthropes are an integral component of how I play Tyranids, and their new models are absolutely fantastic. I’ve been working on them off and on for a couple of months now, but I finally sat down and pushed my nose to the grindstone long enough to finish them off. Behold, Hive Fleet Nug’s newest additions!





       

              

There is still a lot I want to do with my Tyranids to get them to my preferred level of “finished.” I want to go back and do highlights on the skin, brains, and venom components. With that said, my first goal is to get the army to tabletop quality to avoid burnout. If I can’t see progress, I find it hard to stick at the task. With that said, I may be making a drastic change and moving over to the new Necrons next week. Stick around, and watch as the madness continues!


Do we have any Jackson Pollocks in the audience? Let me know what you think; comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts