Hobby Progress – The Tomb Awakens



It’s been some time since I finished a painting project, but I’m back today with the first unit in my newest Warhammer 40,000 army. This time I’ve chosen the Necrons, and I’ve got a batch of Warriors to show off today!

The Necrons are one of the few factions in 40k that I haven’t played into the ground, and I’m looking forward to giving them a run again. I’ve tried them in the past, and though I have a good group of games under my belt I just haven’t spent the time with them that I have with most other factions. They seem like the tactically flexible force I want to round out my collection, especially compared to my melee-oriented propensity in recent years.

I wanted to do something metallic, as the non-metallic colors just never look right when I try them. I also wanted to do something different than the traditional boltgun metal all over approach. With that in mind, I started with Brass Scorpion. Leadbelcher, a wash, and detail work later, I’ve come up with a finished product.



 


Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts