Hobby Progress – The Waaagh Grows…

It’s been a while, but I finally made some hobby progress worth sharing on the channel!

The Scourge are still progressing at their glacial pace, so I decided to move on into the 40k realm in an attempt to splash some color on a second faction. The Necrons are still fun to play, but I want to add something else that I can swap into for more painted games.

Here come da boyz! I decided to go ahead and knock out a massive chunk of the Ork infantry, since this has always been the part of the army that bogged me down in the past. Rather than focusing on finishing them, I wanted to get them all to a level of tabletop quality that would allow me to play games with them, while also leaving open the option to go back and work on them more later.

First up was a good chunk of each type of basic Boy. I went with a spray-on coat of Dawnstone for their clothing, since I wanted freebooters that weren’t necessarily attached to any clan. I then picked out the greens, browns, and gunmetals with Loren Forest, XV-88, and Leadbelcher, respectively. These were all followed with an airbrush coat of Nuln Oil. Sand for the bases, and they’re ready to do some crumpin’!

Da Boyz iz ready, boss!

Dakka dakka dakka!

This grumpy Nob likes krumpin' heads and long
walks on the beach...

WAAAGH!

The plan is to finish the entire army to this level, then work back through slowly. I did an assembly line for these guys over two weeks, doing small amounts on each model to keep from burning myself out. It worked well, as I’m ready to lunge into my first vehicles this week. I think I’ll probably start things off with a pair of Trukks for the Slugga Boyz.


What do you folks think? Let me know what kind of details you think would make them pop with the fastest (and least labor-intensive) steps!

Comments

Popular Posts