Hobby Log – Armored Support

Last weekend wasn’t nearly as productive as I had hoped in painting my 1,000 point force of Space Wolves. A lot of my time was spent digging through sprues and assembling the first models for my Khorne Demons force. I know, I know, I have the attention span of a drug-addled gnat. Still, the Wolves have maintained a presence on my painting table, and it showed some fruit despite the bloody distraction.
I decided to go ahead and batch paint all of my Razorbacks at the same time, just to have them done. This also helped me establish a paint scheme for my vehicles to carry across the rest of my force as it grows.
While my Marines are from Ragnar’s Great Company, I decided to do the vehicles for Egil Ironwolf’s lads. I plan to play both approaches eventually, and this lets me dedicate the vehicles to the force they will be a part of more often. Eventually I have to do some more Drop Pods for the Blackmanes approach, but for smaller values they will be cruising on tracked transport.
            I took the runes of the Juvjk language to give the Razorbacks a taste of home, painting on simple words and phrases. I also finished out the Space Wolves’ numbering convention from Prospero Burns and used them to designate the squads they will carry. This was added on the black insets, painted to denote Ironwolf’s Great Company.







As always, comments and criticism are welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts