State of the Maelstrom – The Big Project is Done!

If you follow the Maelstrom, you’ve probably noticed that things have been very quiet lately. That’s because we’ve been pouring our hearts and souls into completing our new home. Now, it is officially ready for gaming!

I mentioned our new game room/studio recently, but an injury I suffered at my “real” job and difficulties finding an electrician put the project on hold for quite some time. I had planned to do a step-by-step update as we went, but the project became an obsession for me once I was in the middle of it. If it hadn’t been for the wives in the group, I can’t say that we would have even had pictures when it was all said and done.

We played our first game last night in our new home; expect the battle report tomorrow evening, featuring Khorne Demons and Dark Eldar. In the meantime, I figured I would give you a ‘90’s style montage (sans the music) to show you how we spent most of our free time in August.

A huge thank you goes out to Tyler and Eric, my brothers, and also to Josh and Elisabeth Griffin, for their physical labors. An additional thanks goes out to Brandon Hutchings; although he wasn’t able to make it for the work, he provided a very generous contribution to the financial end of things. Also I have to say thank you to my wife, for supporting this crazy and expensive project throughout. I have an excellent team, and I couldn’t have done it without them!

Without further adieu, I give you the new Maelstrom!

Putting in the insulation. I wouldn't wish this on 
my worst enemy.

The cutting begins!


A lightsaber duel in the making.


Making our mark.



A brief tap-out, then back to the fray!


Drywall complete.



Before and after. Slot for the most important component - air conditioning!

Carpet padding goes down.



The boy and I, putting in the last nail after dark.


 
Tyler, my son, and myself.

Storage space, already at capacity!


We are looking forward to many more games with you all in the future, and hope you will continue to support us as the Maelstrom continues to grow. Until next time!



Comments

Popular Posts