Hobby Article - Tyranid Gargoyles

I should know that December is a bad time to start into a new painting project; between Christmas shopping and a very sick toddler, I haven’t completed much work on the Tyranids. I did manage to finish the Gargoyles at long last; here are the pictures.





As with the Mawloc they started with black primer followed by an airbrush of Screaming Skull. The colors are the same, but I carefully left the wing membranes with the Screaming Skull coat. I almost want to do a final white highlight on the wings, but white always makes me nervous; it’s so hard to make the coats gel with one another, and it always seems difficult to repair errors.


 

My bases are all still naked. I’d like to do some cork board for a rocky, mountainous look. The Hormagaunts are still a hurdle in that regard. I’m having difficulty figuring out how to integrate the basing idea with them. Eventually I will get it all figured out!

Comments

Popular Posts