Hobby Progress – Shaltari Tribes

The last three weeks have been some of the longest and most trying of my life. I’ve been dealing with a stomach ulcer that saw me hospitalized, and now I’m fighting a sore throat and praying it isn’t something else that is here to stay. However, I am feeling mostly mended, and am back with my meager hobby results from the past two and a half weeks!

I’m really set on finishing up the Shaltari Tribes before I begin another project. I did trade my Tau Empire forces to a friend for his much larger Ork army. He was ready for a new challenge, and I was ready to bring da boyz back to the table. Look for them in future instalments, but first I plan to finish up the spiny guys.

I did get my two Warspears in finally, and got them painted up. I also finished my three Eden Gates, although I really want to buy a fourth to use in our normal 2,500 point games. Finally, I got bases on everything that is painted.

Completed Eden Gates

Warspears move to battle.


My sick week(s) progress!

Finally we have a shot of the army to date, which includes almost everything I play at 2,500. I still need to do my Spirit and Gaia Gates, polish up my infantry, and knock out my Warfist selection of Warstriders. Once they’re done, I’m set!



So what do you think of my spineys? Leave your comments below!

Comments

  1. Looking pretty good. How did you do the bases on your grav tanks? I've been looking for a solution to that for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Mike! I actually just bought several bags of extra medium flight bases from Hawk and cut down the flight stems to roughly 1/2" long. When you do it, you want to glue the cut end down into the base, and use the flared side for mating with the widget. Otherwise, they just fall off when you move them ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts