Hobby Progress – Something Greenish This Way Comes

Many of you who regularly read the blog know that I’m somewhat weary with my Tau. I absolutely love the way the army plays, and I love the aesthetic of such a futuristic military. Unfortunately, when everyone else is waving swords and shooting primitive firearms this translates to a bad day for my opponents. Without a challenge in defeating them (and the Tau rarely felt challenged), the games were unfortunately becoming boring for my opponent and boring for me. Either was enough to decide that I was ready for a change.

Griff has decided that he doesn’t like the new Orks, and for a while has been scratching head at his massive collection, wondering what to do with them. Then, when he heard me discussing a bid to get rid of my Tau, he offered me a deal I simply couldn’t refuse. His Waaagh!, in exchange for my Hunter Cadre.

I owned Orks for several years and even won Best General and Best Overall with them in two separate Maul in the Mall events, hosted by Dicehead Games. At some point I decided to get rid of them for a different army; I really don’t remember what triggered the trade. At any rate, my green psychos went away, and for years I’ve been playing the more respectable, less smelly factions.

That ends today, Boyz! The ladz are back in the house, and I’ve managed to whip them into shape for a few pictures. I even picked up a few of the new kits on my last visit to Cleveland, TN, and I’m now the proud owner of a ludicrous mob of stinking, beer-swilling soccer goons!

Da Boyz!

The most organized you will ever see an Ork horde.

Da Dredd Krew

WAAAAAGH!!!!

Here’s the crazy list of my greenskin swag:

180 Slugga Boyz
60 Shoota Boyz
27 Big Shoota Boyz
24 Burna Boyz
3 Meganobz
3 Battlewagons
8 Deffkoptaz
3 Big Gunz
6 Warbosses (2 Ghaz models)
3 Meks
Painboy
25 Stormboyz
60 Gretchin
3 Runtherds
36 Nobz
9 Kanz
Mork
Stompa
Chinork
4 Bikes
Bike Boss
5 Trukk
15 Lootas
22 Tankbustas
6 Squigs
Dakkajet

There are still a handful of models I’d like to add to the collection, but this is a gargantuan force that is taking up the vast majority of my table. For now, I’m stuck trying to decide what clan to turn them into. I’m leaning toward Evil Sunz, as they would be a different scheme to my old Goffs and don’t seem to be as well represented.


What do you think? Evil Suns, Bad Moons, or Deathskulls? Leave your vote in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts