State of the Maelstrom


Greetings all, it has been quite some time since I last posted in the blogworld! I’m happy to know that some of you are still reading, and hope to see many more of you in the days to come.
Over the past few months, things have been incredibly quiet at the Maelstrom. We’ve been working on new armies, and I’ve been doing some serious soul-searching to decide where I really want to go in the coming years. For a brief time I considered pulling down the Maelstrom entirely, as too many tasks had crept into my daily life.
However, upon further thought I realized that Enter the Maelstrom is one of the things I truly enjoy doing. It never much mattered to me how many people were visiting the blog each day. It was simply a journal of all our hobby-oriented travails, and it served as a fun exercise for me to complement the hobby and keep me busy on new projects. Today, I’m doing my best to commit to a renewed effort here at the Maelstrom.
I also value the time and energy that so many of you have put in to making the Maelstrom a fun project. Your comments, both here and at the YouTube portion, have done a lot to motivate us to make better, more enjoyable games for the community to digest. We want to be the best we can possibly be, and we’ve always appreciated the opportunity to hear your thoughts on our content and how it might improve. We’ve come a long way from shooting unpainted armies fighting it out on a piece of wood, using a crummy phone camera. We hope to continue to make leaps and bounds as the year wears on.

Expect more battle reports and hobby articles in the near future. We’ve been chugging out painted models as quickly as we can, to bring new life to the community with more variety in our battle reports. We’ve also been working hard on a couple of new tables, and they are nearing completion and drying as I type this. We want to provide you with entertaining tales of our games during your lunch breaks at work and in your downtime in the evenings. We hope you’ll continue this journey with us, as the Maelstrom continues to grow.

Comments

Popular Posts