Hobby Progress – Dropzone Commander

Work has exploded into a seven day proposition each week, so I did not get much hobby work done aside from maintaining the blog. That said, I did manage to add some more coats to my Scourge units in an attempt to finish them before they see the table. I plan to continue the process with more energy and effort this week. The goal is still to have my 1,500 point list completed before it ever sees the tabletop.

All of the kits in my assembly line progressed toward completion, but the only models that crossed the finish line were two Intruder-A Light Dropships, and three stands of Warriors. I also updated the sensor scheme on my Hunters, and I added bases to my Tormentors. I then went back on everything that is completed from a painting standard and finished their bases with my burned earth scheme. This takes care of all the tidy-up checklist, leaving me free to move forward from here.

The following pictures showcase the completed “army” as it stands so far:



Here are the updated Hunter MGTs, with the sensor panels changed to the bronze I’m going with now.


I also got the Tormentors from last week put on their new bases, getting them to the 100% completed stage.


The first new kit I added to the complete pile was a pair of Intruder-A Light Dropships. I had trouble getting the camera to focus on them for some reason, so these are the best pictures among a bad batch.


            

Finally I finished a squad of Warriors. I’m extremely happy with how they came out, especially since they were a breeze to finish. My process was nothing but washes, with a dot of bronze paint applied to the sensors at the very end. I only wish I could figure out such an expedient way to do my Shaltari Infantry!




Once I work up some spare money I’ll be purchasing the rest of my 3,000 points from a friend who is looking to get into Resistance when they arrive. In a month or a little more, I hope to have the Scourge ready to face the rats that lurk in our sewers!

Comments

Popular Posts