Hobby Progress – The Scourge

Last week was a slow one as well, but progress is still progress! I’m still shooting for 1,500 points of Scourge completed by next Wednesday (the 13th) so I can start putting them on the table at that value. It is still a tall order at this point, and I won’t have some of the needed models until the middle of this week. Time will tell if I can get it done.

This week I finished my first Minder Swarm, along with the Intruder B Light Dropships that carry them to battle. I added paint to several other kits, but they will have to feature on next week’s progress report, as they aren’t yet finished.

First up are the Minders. They were fast to paint, but the amount of washes in the scheme made it difficult to work around on the small models.

 

The Minders are one of my favorite concept pieces for the Scourge. They really push across the idea of an army of enslavers. I can imagine Resistance fighters moving from street to street in shadows, dodging patrols of these things as they work a circuit on the streets.

Then, the Dropships that carry them to battle.




The bigger Scourge Dropships are some of my least favorite models from an aesthetics standpoint, but I really like the sleek look of the Intruders. I imagine these fast-moving vehicles are true terrors to the UCM and Resistance Infantry that face them in combat, due to the horrors they unleash from their disc-shaped mag-locks.

Finally, here is a shot of the army as it stands right now.



Look for a Dropzone Commander battle report featuring my Scourge in the very near future! I have plans of fighting the United Colonies of Man with them, and I think Griff is eager to use them against my Shaltari as well. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts