Hobby Progress – The Tomb Marches

The Necrons continue on at their crazy pace, and I’m back today to document some of the work I’ve been doing with them. This weekend, I let one of my crazy friends talk me into moving ahead and knocking out the airbrush work for the entire 2,000 point force I plan to field, once the painting is complete. She then helped me knock out the silver after the initial Brass Scorpion airbrush coat, which is ultimately one of the most labor-intensive aspects of the paint job. After she helped, I knocked out a wash coat across the entire army, leaving me with only detail work until the entire 2,000 point force is finished! If all goes according to plan, my hobby progress article next week will cover everything in that army, and work can continue on our arctic table.

I didn’t post a completion list last week, so I decided to go ahead and roll the two into a single article. Since my last progress post I have finished:

-10x Immortals
-4x Scarab Swarms
-5x Lychguard
-Illuminor Szeras conversion

Here are some quick pictures of the stuff I finished this last week. I’m particularly happy with the airbrush work on the Lychguard, and the conversion for Szeras that I worked up. It is ultimately the upper half of a Deathmark, with spare bits from a single Wraith kit to make up the spider legs. Triarch Praetorian arms round out the kit.

Illuminor Szeras, off on another body-collecting adventure.

Nemesor Ornek’s personal guard.

   




The Necrons are nearing completion, and should be headed to the tabletop soon! What do you guys think?

Comments

Popular Posts