Hobby Progress – Canoptek Harvest

It’s Monday, folks, and that means we’ve got a fresh batch of models to show off in this week’s  progress report.

I’ve been steadily grinding away at the Necrons, in an attempt to paint them before I play them. I’m almost caught up with my ordering process, and I’m actually dreading running out of stuff to paint. At the rate I’m going, it will only be another week or two before my 2,000 point list is up and running.

Since we are painting towards forces that make sense fluff-wise for escalating games, I focused on getting a Canoptek Harvest painted this weekend for my 500 point list. The list consists of:

-Canoptek Spyder
-3x Canoptek Scarabs
-3x Canoptek Wraiths with Whip Coils
-2x10 Necron Warriors

The idea is that my opponent has intruded upon the outer defenses of the tomb, and the Canoptek units have rushed to its defense, simultaneously sending the impulse to start waking the first lines of defense in Kintma’s realm. A Canoptek Harvest, along with two squads of Warriors, seems to accomplish this nicely.

With one of the Warrior squads already finished I jumped into the Canoptek stuff all at once, and was surprised with how quickly it all piled up in the finished side of things. Without further adieu, here is a showcase of my tomb’s robotic defenders.








But wait, like an “As-Seen-On-TV” ad, there’s more! Exulting in my painting successes, I decided to go ahead and press as far forward as possible. I managed to near completion on an Overlord and on my second squad of Warriors, while also completely finishing this beast!




Counting the Warriors and the Overlord that are almost finished, I’m right at the 1,000 point mark in terms of painted units. If the rest of my stuff arrives this week, I’m planning to move forward with a 1,500 point force I have in mind. Once they’re finished, I may go ahead and debut my undead phalanx in a battle report this upcoming weekend.

Stay tuned, the Necrons will be making their appearance in a battle report very soon!


Comments and criticism, loyal viewers! I’m really loving the beaten copper look of my Kintma Dynasty warriors. What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts