Hobby Progress – The Tomb’s Defenders

As I mentioned last week, my group has been slowly grinding toward fully painted armies. We’re all at different stages of completion, but most of us are far ahead of schedule. We’re working toward fluffy lists that match what our particular army does in each stage of escalation, so that we can get more in-character with each phase of play. As I’m sure our regular viewers have picked up, we don’t focus on competitiveness as much here. We’re more oriented toward having more fun with the hobby along the way.

With that in mind, I scratched out my 500 point Necrons list. The goal was to showcase a Necron tomb during those earliest rumblings. Some impudent mortal had the audacity to intrude, and now everyone is going to pay for it! I knew that a good-sized Canoptek representation was in order, along with two units of Warriors to showcase the first of the lesser fighters being roused from their ageless slumber.

Imagine my surprise when a minimal Canoptek Harvest formation and two ten-man Warrior units left me right at the 500-point mark!

2x10 Necron Warriors
3 Scarab Swarms
Canoptek Spyder
3x Canoptek Wraiths with Whip Coils

With that in mind I spent my limited hobby time last weekend punching out the second block of Warriors. Now I’m finished, and ready to begin putting these undead crazies on the table in a limited format.





The Necrons stand ready to defend their tomb world, as more and more of the undead denizens awaken. What do you all think?

Comments

Popular Posts