Hobby Log – The P3I Plan

To say the least, the past week hasn’t been conducive to hobby progress. I did manage to get part of a game in Sunday afternoon, and I put some more paint to my Tervigon, but as far as the painting process that was as far as I got. There will be painted pictures of the Hive Guard and the Tervigon next week, if there is anything I can do to make it happen!

While I didn’t get much painting done, I did complete a big assembly this weekend. My Forge World order came in Friday, and I spent Saturday assembling this monstrosity.




I also purchased a Heirophant and the wings to make nine Shrikes; for now, these are still lying in the box, awaiting my attention. Before I build them, I’m planning to paint the Harridan, and if all goes according to plan she will be done Friday. I’m hoping to take her to a mega-battle on Saturday, and the idea is to have her completely finished by then.

So my hobby priorities for the coming week are to finish painting the Tervigon and the Hive Guard, as well as completing the Harridan. But that’s not all, folks! I also received my last big batch of spawn-ready goodies from Dicehead Games in the mail yesterday.


That’s right baby! As if I weren’t far enough behind already, I also need to assemble a Crone and a Harpy, six Raveners, and three Trygons by Friday night. If I can get the Hive Tyrant assembled I will be able to run the formation of Tyrants, Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard, but he is at the absolute bottom of the priority list.

Now, I hear you asking, “Exactly how are you going to get this all finished on time?” The question is even more valid considering the factors of a full-time job, a two-year old son, and a loving wife whom I’d like to have continue loving me. The answer is simple, as long as I remember my P3I plan:

-Plan
-Patience
-Perseverance
-Insanity

While it sounds like an insurmountable project, I have it laid out by day down to Friday, and it is manageable if I keep my nose to the grindstone and stay focused. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts