Hobby Log – The P3I Project, End Results

Sometimes, the best plans fall apart. While I spent three days digging hard to make ready for the Apocalypse mega-battle in Cleveland, it simply wasn’t to be.

Last week, I posted an article discussing the P3I Plan that I was going to use in order to get my forces ready for the mega-battle. Many of my Tyranids had come in the mail last Tuesday and Wednesday, and I wasn’t really sure if I could get it done. However, my devised plan required four simple elements from me, thereby giving the P3I its name:

Plan
Patience
Perseverance
Insanity

In the end, I was able to complete most of my P3I plan, and I only really fell short on the painting aspects. I was able to get all the models through a Simple Green bath that I needed for the event, and I contructed everything on my list. When plans fell through and I was unable to attend the event, I decided to go ahead and continue construction through the weekend.

It is worth noting that while I was busily constructing models, the forces of disorder pulled out an impressive victory in the campaign leg’s finale, crippling the Exterminatus vessel as it approached to deliver the deathblow. Thanks for sparing my hapless Tyranids while they were in the spawning pool, guys!

The following pictures show my completed projects from the end of the week. I’m especially proud of the Mawloc, which took most of Sunday to finish up.


As you can see in this picture, I ran through quite a bit of glue over the course of the weekend! I managed to assemble:

Hive Crone
Harpy
Tyrannofex
Hive Tyrant
Mawloc
Trygon Prime
Trygon
3x Hive Guard
5x Ravener
Shrike
Lictor
The Space Wolves are ambushed from below.

The Mawloc emerges from the sewers.

This poor Grey Hunter is having a bad day.

The Pack Leader loses his arm.

The assembly should be completed by the end of this week, and I can divert full attention to painting this 10,000 point swarm! In the next few days I will have some painted pictures to share with you, and when the spray paint that I ordered arrives this Mawloc will more than likely be receiving his colors!

Comments

Popular Posts