Hobby Log – Tau Progress

With the two games I had with my Tau over the last week, I decided to complete them over the next two months for purposes of tournament play. I didn’t get any paint put to the models, but I did assemble two Piranhas and a Razor Shark Fighter. The plan is to do 250 points per week, starting with the collection of half-painted models.

I’m terrible to start a project and then abandon it halfway through, always telling myself I’ll come back later. You can look back a week ago at my big plans for the Tyranids and know that is the case! So now, I’m going to buckle down and focus on getting one of my armies completed. With practice tournaments for the American Team Championship coming up, I plan to get the Tau ready for at least one or two of these events. My starting 250 points is an eclectic combination of many Tau Empire elements I started painting, and then never finished. These are rounded out with the two Piranhas I assembled, since I don’t want to finish building the crew until I paint the inside of the cockpit. The second week will be spent painting the models to make this mix into a set of playable units.

First off are the Piranhas. After priming them flat black with Army Painter primer, I used an airbrush to apply Castellan Green all over, then followed it up with a blend of Loren Forest on the Piranhas and the Drones.


Next up are some photos of the mix of models I started painting and never finished. They have some chips and scratches due to rough ministrations at the hand of my two-year-old after a successful hobby room raid. They have a few colors that need to be finished or highlighted. Either way, they are all nearly completed and just need a little more attention.

Broadside, 2x Pathfinders, 6x Fire Warriors, 2x Piranhas.

              




With the Pathfinders I was attempting to show some of the foot through the boots; this will definitely be scrapped, as I cannot get a blue to match up with the rest of my paint scheme. The naked head on my Fireblade is enough!

                   

Lastly is the Broadside. His painting is closest to complete, but there are a few more details and highlights to do. I also plan to change his foot pads from white to green; they just seem to stand out too much.


Comments and criticisms are always welcome. For the Tau’va!

Comments

Popular Posts