Hobby Progress – Krieg XII Siege Regiment

This week I carried the Krieg banner forward with some new orders and more painting. The Trench Works bases are in process, and hopefully they will feature in next week’s hobby update, topped by a squad of Krieg Guardsmen!

For now, I’ve completed work on my Leman Russ Executioner/Punisher/Demolisher. I built the kit so that each weapon was interchangeable. Once the paint and weathering effects were done, I didn’t even need magnets for the weapons to remain in place.

Here are several shots of the different variants. Most of them are taken with the Executioner variant assembled, since that is the only Leman Russ in my planned list.


    



The only difference from the technique I used on the Chimera was a soot weathering powder application on the Executioner Cannon and on the hull near the sponsons; I figured that repeated plasma bursts might have a negative effect on any existing paint!

As I said before, I also painted up the other variants. The following pictures are the same tank chassis with the other weapon options attached.

    
The Punisher, with Heavy Bolters (left) and Heavy Flamers (right) equipped.

The Demolisher has always reminded me of a bulldog. It’s so ugly you can’t help but like it!

Finally, here are some pictures of the “army” as it progresses. I hope to do this over each week, and I definitely hope the army starts to grow soon. I’m not known for my patience!



Comments

Popular Posts