Preparation for the Siege Continues!

A light end-of-week update on the hobby side of things. Painting is progressing along with my Leman Russ Executioner/Punisher/Demolisher nearing completion. I should have fully painted pictures to post by Monday morning.

I also placed my first order to start getting the infantry in place for the army. This included primer from Army Painter, bases and other bits from Secret Weapon Miniatures, and of course the Korpsmen themselves.

Unfortunately there was a hiccup with my order of Guardsmen, and I will not be getting them until the end of next week at the earliest. However, the bases and the bits did come in, so I unboxed them and got them through early prep work.

First I picked up enough bases from the “Trench Works” series to do two Infantry Squads.

    

I’ve bought from this company several times before, and I’ve never been disappointed with their products. The details are very finely done, and I’ve never had a warped base. While I was at it, I also picked up a few pieces to add accents to my models.


I picked up this pack of bones because of the nature of trench warfare. Let’s face it, you can’t always climb out of a trench system and haul your friend’s remains away to be dealt with humanely. I really want this army to be reminiscent of the horrors men underwent in the trenches of WW1, and I think the decayed remains of old soldiers is one way to bring this about. No shying away from the terrors of battle. As I said in my review of the Astra Militarum, that is doing a disservice to the brave men of the Guard.


Lastly, I picked up a sprue of Secret Weapon’s gas hoods. Some of my models (Primaris Psykers, Regimental Advisors) will not be Krieg models, so I want to make sure they’re afforded the same environmental protection as their grunt counterparts. I’ve already started conversion work on an Officer of the Fleet; as soon as I get my hands on some green stuff, we will get pictures posted.


Now I’ve just got to figure out how to make Ogryn-sized gas masks…

Comments

Popular Posts