Hobby Progress – Shaltari Tribes

Hours have been crazy at work this week, and I didn’t have much time to process hobby materials in the remaining hours. I completed some work on a squad of Hormagaunts for my Tyranids army, but nothing was finished. However, I was able to complete a slight update with my Dropzone Commander forces.

This past week I completed three of my Tomahawk Main Grav-Tanks, and I got the majority of the work done on a stand of Braves to test schemes on the small models.

First up are the completed Tomahawks.





These models come without bases, but I used some extra flight stands I ordered to get the up off the ground. They are skimmers, after all, and the flat model is incredibly difficult to move along between the high-rise buildings! To accomplish this, I used the Small Flight Stands that are sold by Hawk Wargames. I drilled a hole into the bottom of each tank with a #33 (.113") drill, to mate with the male adapter on their flight widget. I then glued the widget in place and cut off the tall flight stem to the appropriate height, giving my Tomahawks more of an anti-grav feel.

Next up are some pictures from the Braves stand. They are still somewhat of a work in progress, but I’m still scratching my head on what it is they need. I’m also trying to figure out the basing, but I do have most of the colors blocked out.



                        


I’m thinking a wash may be necessary on the infantry, to finish bringing out the details that are too small to properly highlight. Comments and criticism, as always, are encouraged!

Comments

Popular Posts