Hobby Progress – Dropzone Commander

This week saw quite a few projects started, and oddly enough I managed to finish several of them!

First, I got an early Father’s Day present from the wife on Friday, when we made a trip to Grand Adventures in Murfreesboro to pick up the beginnings of my Scourge army. A friend and I also split on the starter set, so this will flesh out the basics of my Scourge and give him more muscle to hurl around with his UCM. While I’m still waiting for the Starter Set to arrive, I did get all of the models assembled that I purchased in Murfreesboro, which included:

-3x Marauder Medium Dropship
-3x Hunter MGT
-3x Reaper AAGT
-6x Warrior Horde
-2x Invader APC
-2x Slayer HGT
-4x Destroyers


I completed most of the paint work on the three Marauders over the course of the weekend, but I’ll save them for another day, once they’re finished.

For the Shaltari, I started work on an Eden Medium Gate late in the week, then completely forgot about the project. That will also be completed this week and carried over for the following week’s progress report.

Earlier in the week, though, I did complete two Shaltari Tarantulas.

            


I’m very happy with the results on these models. The colors balanced very well across them, and they were very quick to paint, which is always a plus! They’ve also proven themselves to be very reliable on the tabletop, and have cemented a place in the vast majority of my Shaltari armies.


Hopefully the updates will continue to accelerate in content. I’m excited to have these armies moving forward, and with any luck I plan to start a table as soon as 2,500 points of each force is completed. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts