Hobby Progress – Shaltari Tribes

This week was a rather productive one for me, with Sunday afternoon providing a block of time to knock out multiple kits. Rather than continuing on the path of painting a small amount on each army in a sitting, I decided to go ahead and work towards finishing a faction in one game or the other. The Shaltari drew the short straw, so I went to work finishing my Court of Elders.

First I painted the Prime Warchief of Ubii Tribe, known to the United Colonies of Man simply as “Reaping Hand.”

    

I hoped to finish the Caimans before today, but they only reached the base coat stage. If all goes to plan, they will join several other kits on the runway next Monday. I did, however, finish the Yaris that deploy with my commander in time:

     

Eventually I hope to have the Yaris on flight stands like the rest of my Skimmers. The problem I’m running into is one of accessibility; as best I can tell, Dave hasn’t set up a way to purchase the small flight stands. As soon as I see these available, I’ll be picking up some spares for my scout vehicles.

Finally, I painted one of my Eden Medium Gates, in an attempt to see how the colors balanced. While they look somewhat different than the rest of my vehicles, I think it is an okay difference. It seems to be a Yin to the ground units’ Yang, which gives a visual indicator that sets the Gates apart. I’m not sure the rest of my flying units will look quite so different, but here’s to hoping!



I leave you with some pictures of the completed portion of the army, as it stands right now. With any luck, I can finish off the rest of my standard 2,500 point army in the next few weeks!



Comments

Popular Posts