Hobby Progress – Shaltari Tribes

I’ve somewhat accepted the fact that my “hectic weeks” have just become a way of life. Maybe, someday soon, I’ll find the time to set aside a block of my hours just for hobby work. For now, though, it has been something I’ve only managed to work on when everyone else in the house is long since asleep.

I spent this past week polishing off three Scourge tanks and the first of my two Ocelots, which made it into my Hobby Progress Report around the middle of the week. At the tail end of the week, I did find quite a bit of time to play, considering I worked in two games of Dropzone Commander and one game of Warhammer 40,000. My painting time was still quite limited, and I only managed to complete my second Ocelot and my first squad of Kurki AA Grav-Tanks.

The Ocelot moved pretty quickly, since I was mirroring a scheme I just finished on the first member of the squad. I’m hoping it will translate well to relatively quick work on my Jaguars and Coyote when the time comes. The Kukris went along quickly for the same reason; I touched up my first squad of Tomahawks to bring them in line with my modified paint scheme, and then used them as a template to bring the Kukris to completion much more quickly.

Enough talking, here are some photos of the minis I knocked out over the weekend. First up are the Tomahawks. These have been featured before, but I updated them to the new color pallet. This included tweaking the lights to be a little more neutral, but the main noticeable difference comes in the bronze areas.




I also painted a second Ocelot; since this model just featured, I only have one picture for him.


Finally, I painted a squadron of Kukris. This was the quickest Dropzone painting I’ve done, since they were finished in just a couple of hours. I’m hoping this is a sign that speed will be coming more and more as time goes by.




I’ll leave you with a shot of my completed models as a whole. I think the scheme is fitting nicely with the Shaltari aesthetic, and I’m looking forward to having more to show you!





Comments

Popular Posts