Hobby Progress – Additions to the Swarm

I didn’t manage to do much painting in the last week, but the Norn Queen looked down with pity on the plight of my swarm and blessed us with some excellent reinforcements!

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock on Catachan for the past few weeks, you’ve seen the new Tyranid models by now. I think the new Sporocyst/Tyrannocyte is just what the Hive Tyrant ordered, although I will save further opinions on the models and the rules for later this week. In the meantime, let us bask in the unadulterated glory of the new Tyranids!






A healthy Spore Mine reinforcement!

Eww…

The only thing not completed on these models is the weapons; I’m still agonizing on the weapons choices, and plan to cover that subject more later this week.

I have three more Tyrannocytes in process, and I really want to pick up about five more in the long run for Apocalypse games. Even when I don’t use the Sporocysts in normal games, I think it will make an excellent terrain addition. We’re already discussing how to use it as a living bunker for scenario games!


What are your thoughts on the new Tyranid beasties?

Comments

Popular Posts