Hobby Progress – Hive Fleet Nug Awakens

It’s been quite a break for my Tyranids, but I decided that they deserve another go with the sudden addition of so many new models!

This past week I picked up two of the new kits and constructed a Maleceptor and a Toxicrene. The Toxicrene is my favorite of the two from both a rules and aesthetic standpoint. Add to this the terrible ways he can make you die in the fluff, and I simply had to paint him!

For quite a while I’ve been looking at my Tyranids, wanting to do something different with the paint scheme. I’m happy with what I’ve done in the past overall, but the exoskeleton was bugging me. The washes just don’t apply evenly, and I wanted to move beyond the grubby coats.

I decided to start this new tweak to the scheme with the Toxicrene. I darkened my basecoat by a slight bit, changing from Screaming Skull to Rakarth Flesh. This gave me a more “natural” basic color to work from. I then sprayed on Agrax Earthshade through an airbrush, rather than using a paintbrush. The effect was smoother, and gave me a more consistent appearance over the model.

Here he is, ready to receive his Tyrannocyte this weekend!



Always happy to oblige those who wish to die for the Emperor!

            



Well, there it is! What do you think; is it an improvement over my past scheme? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Comments

Popular Posts