Hobby Progress – Shadows Fill the Sky…

Hello, ladies and gentlebugs! Today I have another bit of accomplishment to report for my Tyranids; while they aren’t moving as quickly as I’d like, they’re moving more quickly than my average. I suppose that is a good thing!

This week I finished my Hive Crone. I had to go back and do a bit of remodeling, as I’ve had a new vision as to how the Tentaclids operate. When mounted to the wings, they simply leave the model looking strange. It doesn’t seem like an aerodynamic design, and the Tyranids are practical if nothing else. I tried to find a way to mount them to the body at the time, but it simply wouldn’t come out as I hoped. I glued them to the wings and figured I’d give it some more thought in time.

Eventually I saw a conversion over on The Tyranid Hive, which really stood out for me. The Tentaclids in this model were positioned independent of the Crone, and flew along as a clustered swarm of minions, if you will. I easily imagined the Crone sending those lazy flyers zinging off at Mach speed to assail an enemy Flyer, with nothing more than a thought impulse. Thus, the conversion below was born.




  

           

Look for more Tyranids in the very near future, the Great Devourer is on the rise once more at Enter the Maelstrom!


What do you folks think? Let us know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts