Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report # - Blood Angels vs Necrons

Visit our PRODUCT LISTING to get in on the gaming aids and components offered by Enter the Maelstrom!


Welcome back to the Maelstrom! Today the Blood Angels and the Necrons debut to do battle, with each army freshly painted and going to war on our newly completed table.



Army Lists

Knights of Baal – 4th Company
Blood Angels – 2,000

HQ

Chaplain: (WARLORD) Jump Pack, Melta Bombs

ELITES

Death Company Squad: five additional Death Company Marines; Jump Packs, one has Thunder   Hammer and Boltgun

Furioso Dreadnought: Frag Cannon, Power Fist with Heavy Flamer, Magna-Grapple, Drop Pod   with Deathwind Missile Launcher

TROOPS

Tactical Squad: five additional Space Marines; Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant has         Combi-Flamer and Power Fist, Rhino transport

Tactical Squad: Plasma Gun, Razorback transport with Lascannon and Twin Plasma Guns



Tactical Squad: Plasma Gun, Razorback transport with Lascannon and Twin Plasma Guns

FAST ATTACK

Assault Squad: five additional Space Marines; 2x Meltagun, Veteran Sergeant has Power Fist

Assault Squad: five additional Space Marines; 2x Meltagun, Veteran Sergeant has Power Fist

HEAVY SUPPORT

Baal Predator: Twin Assault Cannons, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Baal Predator: Twin Assault Cannons, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Vindicator: Siege Shield, Overcharged Engines

Kintma Dynasty
Necrons – 2,000

HQ

Nemesor Zahndrekh: (WARLORD) Eternal Madness

Illuminor Szeras

ELITES

Lychguard: Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields

Triarch Stalker: Heat Ray

Triarch Stalker: Heat Ray

TROOPS

Immortals: five additional Immortals

Immortals: five additional Immortals

Necron Warriors: six additional Warriors

Necron Warriors: five additional Warriors

Necron Warriors: five additional Warriors

HEAVY SUPPORT

Monolith

Monolith

After Action Review

I cannot believe how badly dice went for both of us. From start to finish, we were failing every save we were called on to make. Even with Reanimation, I just couldn’t keep anyone in the fight. It showed in the casualties, when we had lost an absolute ton of models by the end of turn three.

The Blood Angels did a good job of forcing me into the corner. I did a refused flank to keep the mountain from cutting my army in two over the course of the game. I wonder if I might have been better off to deploy half the force to either side instead, and then use the Monoliths to reposition where I was needed. Still, I was afraid of what that Vindicator would do to my big vehicles over the course of the game.

The Stalkers were fantastic for buffing my surrounding infantry, but I have to get better at moving in blocks. I lost most of that synergy late in the game, simply by moving my Stalkers to the wrong places.

If I had my share of bad luck along the way, though, Josh was in absolutely miserable territory. As I went back and watched the videos I realized how many of his models were dying in his turn! He took so much incidental damage and failed so many charges, it just left him standing in the open to be shot to pieces.

In the end I was able to shut down the murderous fire of the Baal Predators to claim the second objective. When his Death Company took too many casualties to push through my Immortals, I knew that was the end of his advance. His casualties just piled up too fast, and even though we were both suffering from poor dice, he simply took too much damage.

Let us have it, armchair generals; what should we have done different to see this game to a different conclusion? Let us know in the comments below!


Visit our PRODUCT LISTING to get in on the gaming aids and components offered by Enter the Maelstrom!

Comments

Popular Posts