Hobby Progress – Power Armor This Way Comes

It’s been a while since I had any hobby progress to post. Never fear, intrepid readers! I finally remembered where I hid the blasted paint brushes…

The Space Marines and Dark Angels really intrigued me on their release, but caught me at a time when finances weren’t conducive to getting them on the tabletop. I agonized over which faction I wanted to play; they both brought their own strengths, and I simply couldn’t decide.

I finally landed in the Dark Angels camp, because I am a huge fan of their aesthetic and their fluff. The idea of monastic knights, crusading to right ancient wrongs, really appeals to me. I like their insular demeanor and their stoic willingness to sacrifice without receiving personal accolades. That selflessness makes them noble warriors, though they occasionally have to do the unpalatable to keep their past sins a secret.

With that in mind I sat about collecting them with a feverish speed. I’ve collected quite a few now, and I finally decided to sit down and paint up the Land Speeder from my collection. I really want to try solid Ravenwing first; it is fast to paint, and it is the only branch of the Dark Angels that I have never truly explored.





 I decided to paint on the squad markings instead of using the transfers; they seem too small, and I’ve always had fits with getting them to sit correctly. With the rest of the model covered in paint, they’ve also always been a touch too “artificial” for my tastes. My hand isn’t steady enough to do the squad markings perfectly, but it is good enough for the tabletop quality that my ability insists I pursue!


The Ravenwing are coming! What suggestions do my loyal readers have for inclusion in this list?

Comments

Popular Posts